Cleaning out your colon can help flush out toxins that have built up overtime, in your intestines. As the colon is cleansed, it pushes undigested waste through your system, clearing the way for good nutrient absorption.
Here are some of the ways you can clean out your colon, to maintain a healthy GI tract:
- Restrict your diet to vegetables and fruits for one week and you can also include healthy fats to help the colon cleansing process. These types of foods provide extra fiber and the necessary fats to your diet which will help your bowel movements pass easier. Try getting at least 25-30 grams of fiber per day.
- H2O. Drink a lot of water throughout the day and eat vegetables such as celery that contain water to get that extra bit of liquid consumption. You can also try drinking herbal teas.
- Try adding a probiotic and Vitamin A to your diet to help kick start your bowels and promote healthy bacteria in your digestive system. Some foods that contain Vitamin A are sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Try drinking vegetable juice, lemon juice, and/or apple juice. Drinking juices such as lemon juice which has antioxidant properties and high vitamin C content is good for the digestive system and hence helps colon cleansing.
- Add flax seed to your diet. Flax seed is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, natural fibers and antioxidants and thus helps clean your colon. Flax seed expands in the colon by absorbing water and assists in removing toxins and mucus as it passes through.
If you suffer from gastrointestinal issues and are interested in a clinical research study for gastrointestinal issues, visit our current studies page for more information.