If you are looking for new recipes that won’t stir up your IBS, try this delicious, low-calorie comfort soup. This butternut squash soup recipe is fast and easy to make!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Serving size: 1 ½ cups
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks (large), trimmed and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 ½ pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 carrots (large), peeled and grated
- 3 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth (low-fat, low-sodium)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spray a large stockpot with non-stick olive oil spray. Add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the leaks and saute until translucent and soft, 6-7 minutes. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg, and cook an additional minute to release the flavor of the spices. Add the squash, carrots, and broth, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to simmer and cook 20-25 minutes longer, until the vegetables are tender. Puree the soup with a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
If you suffer from gastrointestinal issues and are interested in a clinical research study, contact us for more information.